Why Become an Angel Investor?
In addition to providing an opportunity to mentor entrepreneurs and help grow promising companies, angel investing offers the potential for an attractive return on investment. Maine Angels is the preeminent organization in Maine targeting early stage investment opportunities and is actively seeking new members.
Individuals interested in joining Maine Angels should contact an officer or a member of Maine Angels to arrange a preliminary conversation and subsequent guest attendance at a monthly meeting.
New member candidate must have an active member as their sponsor who has reviewed their resume and invited the candidate to a monthly Members Meeting.
Qualified investors who do not know individual Maine Angels members may submit an initial inquiry to an officer at email@example.com.
To become a member, you must be an Accredited Investor, as defined by the SEC, and able to sustain the financial risks inherent in your investments. Generally, investors are “accredited” if they:
- sustain an annual income of at least $200,000 individually, or $300,000 with their spouse, for the past two years and expect to have such an income during the current year, or
- if they have a net worth (with their spouse) of at least $1,000,000 excluding their primary residence.
Access the JOIN MAINE ANGELS: Maine Angels Membership Application & Instructions on GUST.
If you cannot access the JOIN MAINE ANGELS page directly, start HERE and select Apply to Join.
Following submission of an application fee of $1,000, and a completed application, applications will be considered by the general membership. Candidates are informed of the results within 2-3 weeks of their application.
- Each subsequent year, all active members are asked to renew their commitment to the Maine Angels with the payment of annual dues (For 2017, this is $450).
- Each member agrees to the "hold harmless" terms of the Angel Capital Association of New England Agreement of Cooperation for Due Diligence Sharing.
- Each new member must acknowledge the Maine Angels goal that each member should be willing to consider investing a minimum of $20,000 per year and a total of $100,000 over the first 5-year period of membership.
- Angel members are not legally obligated to invest in any opportunities presented by Maine Angels but should be willing and able to invest in companies that Maine Angels presents to them.